A few days ago some celebrity breakup gossip surfaced on the internet, thank you Bossip. The rumor states that Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou have separated following a huge fight over money.
According to Kimora’s ex-husband, Russell Simmons the rumor is nothing more than “media mischief” and he’s wondering “what mean person would dedicate so much time and thought to fabricate so many false statements in one article?” The media mogul took this his site, GlobalGrind, to dispel rumors circulating the relationship.
Here’s the excerpt from Russell Simmons statement that was posted on his website:
According to Russell:
1. Kimora and Djimon are fine.
2. Kimora and Djimon are both doing extremely well in their respective endeavors and businesses and don’t need to fight over or waste energy on money issues.
3. I damn sure don’t pay nor have I ever paid alimony (Kimora does just fine). In no way do I support their lifestyle, so please don’t say they are fighting over MY money.
4. Yes she’s selling a house, but she hasn’t lived in it for several years since she built the house they currently reside in.
5. As for friction between us? There is none. I feel like I’m part of their family. Djimon and Kenzo are like my blood and Kimora is my best friend. We are partners in various businesses and in the really important business of raising our beautiful children.
So I hope this clears a few things up.